Jaisalmer Fort is a monument worth visiting and worth retaining in your conscious mind. Like various other cities of Rajasthan, in Jaisalmer too you will find different facets of its own glorious heritage. Though you can find historical monuments scattered all over the city, the Jaisalmer Fort will immediately command your attention. Made of sand stones and locally known as Sonar Quila, the Jaisalmer Fort is a dominating structure amidst sands. The city is said to be founded by one Raja Rawal Jaisal, a Bhatti Rajput ruler, in approximately 1156 A D. Legends go by that he did it on the behest of a local hermit named Eesaal. The raja choose Trikuta hill as the new site for his fort as his earlier adobe at Luderwa(16 k.m from present Jaisalmer) was too vulnerable to his comfort. But it should always be kept in mind that these legends are most of the time product of conscious minds that are very vulnerable to the oriental exaggeration. Jaisalmer fort is the second oldest in Rajasthan. Two hundred and fifty feet tall and reinforced by imposing crenellated sandstone wall 30 feet high; it has 99 bastions, 92 of which were built between 1633 and 1647. Wells within the fort still provide a regular source of water. Even today, you will find that nearly one fourth of the old city’s population resides within the fort. If you are a student of cross-cultural merging, the subtle fusion of Rajput and Islamic architectural styles, visible in this fort, will catch your fancy. Ganesh Pol, Akshya Pol, Suraj Pol and Hawa Pol are a must see.
- Vibrant Rajasthan has something for everyone!Originally posted on Holidays In India: Magnificent Jaisalmer Fort! Who doesn’t like colors? Everyone does! right ? If you get to experience the vibrancy on a vacation, I bet you would fall for that place… Rajasthan is certainly one such place. The unvanquishable forts, the magnificent palaces, rich culture and heritage, sand dunes and beauty…
- Unique & Varied Culture of IndiaOriginally posted on Holidays In India: The history of India is one distinguished by constant integration with migrating people, diverse in cultures and civilizations. Situated in the heart of Asia, history in India is called a crossroads of cultures from China to far Europe, and the most significant Asian connection to the cultures of Africa. India is a col […]
- A Picturesque Journey Through Indian RailwaysIndia is a vast country with a varied topography. As the train rushes through the wide space, one can feast one’s eyes on the shifting panorama-wide stretching fields of plain, dark-green clusters of trees and huge woodlands, misty blue hillocks on the far skyline, and every now and then one comes across peaceful villages, neat […]
- Buddha Vihar – A Home of EqualityThe Buddha Vihar has been constructed under the aegis of the Siddhartha Vihar Trust that was established in 1994. The Vihara hopes to spread the message of peace. Buddha Vihar situated in the Indian state of Karnataka and District is Gulbarga. It is a major Buddhist center in South India.
- Heritage Hotels in Desert State RajasthanMost Beautiful city of Rajasthan is Udaipur. Come India and explore most exotic hotels and glorious destinations of Rajasthan. You could never forget the real experience of vibrant culture of Indian States. Heritage Hotels makes our journey more comfortable and luxurious and when we relaxed then our mind and body want to explore much more […]
- Vibrant Rajasthan has something for everyone!
September 2019 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30